Monday, January 30, 2012

"The Adventures of Pete and Pete" 2011 Reunion

Growing up as a child during '90's meant many things to me. But nothing could sum up my childhood more than watching television shows on the 'ol boob-tube. Call me a lazy slob and I'll call you a lazy slob reading a lazy slob's blog, but as a child, television was my holy grail. It counted for endless hours of entertainment, whether it were video games, cartoons, or movies, it always passed the test--certainly for my parents who only wanted to escape their nagging children.

Many years later, I still hold a certain nostalgia for those classic '90 shows. One in particular, "The Adventures of Pete and Pete," I find more appealing every time I rediscover it. From the clever writing and odd sense of humor, to the spectacular soundtrack (Polaris, Gothic Archies, Magnetic Fields, etc.) and star-studded cast (Steve Buscemi, Iggy Pop, LL Cool J, Adam West, Sam Rockwell)  this TV show never gets old.



Late last year, the cast and crew of The Adventures of Pete and Pete were reunited for an exclusive interview in front of a live audience. Cast members present included big Pete Wrigley (Michael C. Marrona), little Pete Wrigley (Danny Tamberelli), Artie--the Strongest Man in the World (Tobey Huss), Joyce Wrigley (Judy Grafe), Co-Creators Will McRobb and Chris Viscardi, and episode director Katherine Diekmann, along with several other cast and crew thrown into the audience. For fans of the show, many questions are answered explaining the style and approach to the series, from the 60 second shorts to the 3rd and final season--still unreleased on DVD (WTF, Paramount and Nickelodeon?). Hopefully if the new Nickelodeon schmucks get their heads out of their assess and release the final season, they will do the fans a solid and include this reunion with the extras. They owe us at least that much.


1 comment:

  1. Whoa, awesome! Thanks for posting this. Now, it'd be really awesome if they could get these shows on Netflix instant play. I don't think I would ever sleep again. At least not until I've fully re-lived my childhood.

    ReplyDelete