Saturday, March 17, 2012

J.H. WIlliams III and W. Haden Blackman Signing in Bay Area


Hello friends. I'm currently in Anaheim, CA covering WonderCon for Bleeding Cool and although I'm far away from my home in Northern California, I have big and exciting news for my friends in the bay area and readers all around. Next weekend the writer duo J.H. Williams III (artist on Batwoman, Promethea, and Chase) and W. Haden Blackman (writer of Dark Horse's Star Wars) will conduct a signing at Blue Moon Comics in San Rafael, CA. I am tremendously excited about meeting these stars of the comic industry. In all honesty, I would ramble on and on about how much I love Williams and Blackman's work on Batwoman (I already have here), but I am exhausted as all heck and really need to crash. So allow me to leave you with an expectation of a future interview with these two wonderful gentlemen. Until then, look to Bleeding Cool for my latest coverage at WonderCon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan...nice meeting you outside the Joe Hill panel this morning, hope you got your interview! We didn't end up going to the horror panel...what did we miss?
    Take care,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Angie, it was nice to meet you too and I love the name "Vampires and Tofu"--that's great! Sorry it took me awhile to reply back. I've been busy with Bleeding Cool. The horror panel was a blast, lots of laughs all around. Joe Hill really brought comedy to the room along with the moderator Chris Waid. If I can, I will either transcribe the audio I have or give you a digital file to listen to unless someone posts a video on youtube. Shoot me an email at rytking@gmail.com and I'll send it when I get the nearest chance. Sadly I didn't get to interview Hill, he was too difficult to get a hold of and Niles monopolized (in a good way) most of my time. I sent an article to BC today about the ten reasons horror fans should have attended WonderCon this year--I put a small snippet in there about the panel too. If BC doesn't post it in two days, it's going up here.

      Delete